[R] shapiro.test

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 23:53:12 CET 2014

Rui,

Note this quote from the last paragraph of the Details section of ?ks.test:

"If a single-sample test is used, the parameters specified in '...'
     must be pre-specified and not estimated from the data."

Which is the exact opposite of your example.

Gonzalo,

Why are you testing your data for normality?  For large sample sizes
the normality tests often give a meaningful answer to a meaningless
question (for small samples they give a meaningless answer to a
meaningful question).

If you really feel the need for a p-value then
SnowsPenultimateNormalityTest in the TeachingDemos package will work
for large sample sizes.  But note that the documentation for that
function is considered more useful than the function itself.