[R] Convergence problem

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 18 19:09:06 CET 2014

On Feb 18, 2014, at 9:47 AM, Amanuel Tekleab wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a facing a convergence problem when I test for variability of a slope
> among groups in lme.
> a) How do I know how many iterations the program is running?
> b) How do I increase the # of iterations
> c) Do I include the command to increase iterations in my equation?

There seems to be consensus among authors of iterative routines in R to issue control parameters to functions in lists with names like "control". Looking at the help page for 'lme' suggests its authors have followed that pattern. This is a question that would get a wider audience of knowledgeable minds regarding lme and cousins if it were directed to the sig-ME mailing list.