[R] Problem with metaMDS in vegan

Fabian B fabian.boetzl at freenet.de
Tue Feb 11 18:42:05 CET 2014

Thank you very much!

This is exactly the problem, I am in. I ran the NMDS for only one gender and
it shows me the results, I was expecting.

I was told to use bray-curtis, because there are a lot of "0"s in my data
set and in e.g. manhattan these would have to much influence on the result.
But in nature, chemicals that are only weakly represented may not have very
much influence on the other individuals. For the moment, I won't question
that decision, because it's quite a convention in chemical ecology, as I
heard.

Regards,

Fabian