[R] Conditional recoding for purpose of imputing

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Feb 10 07:15:48 CET 2014

... Well, the syntax is corrected, but it doesn't solve her problem:
ifelse() leaves NA's as NA's.

"But:, you ask, "what should NA's become?"  As the OP does not tell
us,  we are left to read tea leaves: only the Shadow knows...*

Cheers,
Bert

* The Shadow also knows about ?is.na, which the OP should also
probably read about. In fact, she would do well to read the
"Introduction to R" tutorial -- or perhaps another of her choosing on
the web -- where she would probably learn enough so that she wouldn't
have to send posts like this in the first place!

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics
(650) 467-7374

is certainly not wisdom."