[R] Plotting multiple time series with variables having different units

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 19:35:36 CET 2014

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean, but if you want
separate panels, one above the other, with a common time span but each
with their own Y scale, then the function tfplot() in package tfplot
does this. There are examples in the User Guide at
http://cran.at.r-project.org/web/packages/tfplot/vignettes/Guide.pdf. Of
course, if you want fine control over the plot then you are better off
with one of the graphics packages, as others have suggested. Those would
give you complete access to the underlying details. The objective of
tfplot() is to quickly give you something that is fairly good.

I work mostly with economic data, where the different scales is
important, but I rarely work with daily data so your mileage may vary.
Please let me know if you discover problems.

(Sorry to come to this discussion a bit late, but I did not want to
point you to a version I was about to replace. A new version (2014.2-1)
is now on CRAN and will be on the mirrors shortly.)

Paul