[R] Categorizing and displaying excel data in tabular format

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 4 23:01:13 CET 2014

On Feb 4, 2014, at 8:49 AM, Greg Snow wrote:

> First, .csv files are not Excel files (and I was unable to open the
> one you link to).

This is what was in the linked file:

Tasks,Client Mnemonic
Ibus ,ANMC_AK
Ibus ,ANMC_AK
Ibus ,YAVA_AZ
Ibus ,YAVA_AZ
Release upgrade(BE),ANMC_AK
OS upgrades ,LACJ_CA
OS upgrades ,LACJ_CA
OS upgrades ,HMH_CA
OS upgrades ,HMH_CA
OS upgrades ,HMH_CA
P2 ,CITY_CA
P2 ,CITY_CA
Code upgrade BE/FE,PALO_CA
Xenapp builds ,CDC_CA
Code upgrade BE/FE,WYOM_WY
Code upgrade BE/FE,WYOM_WY
Ibus ,AHSW_CA
Ibus ,DEAC_MT
Ibus ,DEAC_MT
Ibus ,SVCH_AZ
Ibus ,TORR_C
Ibus ,TORR_C
Ibus ,SVCH_AZ
Release upgrade(FE),ANMC_AK
CPDI,CHOC_CA
CPDI,CHOC_CA
CPDI,STVN_NM
CPDI,STVN_NM
Go-live support ,UNIV_UT
New Foot Print,HMH_CA
Xenapp builds ,"NAH_AZ,HMH_CA"
Xenapp builds ,CERN_RWX
Release upgrade(BE),PACF_CA
Release upgrade(BE),PACF_CA

> Second, while the word "Help" is used many ways, this list is intended
> to assist, i.e. you show that you have done some work and tell us
> where you are stuck and we are happy to give hints and pointers to
> help you get unstuck.  This list is not a "we do everything for you"
> list.  You should read the posting guide (link at the bottom of this
> and every post) and "An Introduction to R".  Then show us what you
> have tried, what is not working for you, and what you would like to
> see.
>
> As it is, your question does not even have enough information to let
> us know what question(s) you are trying to answer.  There are many
> different plots to explore data in many different ways to answer
> different questions, your question does not narrow things down enough
> to give us a direction to point you.  See `fortune(122)`.

I would add that many people get the incorrect notion that Nabble is actually Rhelp. It's not, and many postings to Nabble are blocked by the ETHZ mailing list server.

--
David.