[R] create video?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sat Feb 22 20:25:03 CET 2014

Hello:

       Might someone have experience with video production?  The
"animation" package in R can produce video clips.  These could
presumably be merged and synced with audio using something like
Avidemux.  I have not done this, but it looks like it might be a
relatively easy way for an R user to create a video from audio and slides.

       I'd like something that would give me more control than
screencasting.  For this, I'm thinking of recording the audio, then
measuring each phrase with something like Audacity.  I'd then use that
with R and Avidemux as outlined above.

       Can anyone suggest something different or provide details on ways
to make this easy?

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves