[R] ISwR Plotting Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 20 01:04:50 CET 2014

   I'm trying to replicate the linear regression plot on pages 112-113 in
Peter Dalgaard's "Introductory Statistics with R" and getting the error that
"plot.new has not been called yet."

   A Web search on that error offered suggestions to run plot.new() or x11(),
but all those do is put up an empty plotting window. My code, and R's

> library(ISwR)

Attaching package: ‘ISwR’

The following object is masked from ‘package:survival’:

     lung

> attach(thuesen)
> plot(blood.glucose,short.velocity)
> abline(lm(short.velocity ~ blood.glucose))
Error in int_abline(a = a, b = b, h = h, v = v, untf = untf, ...) :
   plot.new has not been called yet

  What have I missed here?

Rich