[R] Removing cell borders from svg or eps in levelplot

Soumyadeep Nandi s.nandi at molbiol.umu.se
Wed Feb 5 17:02:48 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using function svg to save a lattice::levelplot, and ending up in some kind of line or border around each cells of the plot. However, if I save the plot in png, I dont get the border. But I need the plot to be saved in svg or pdf. In both svg and pdf I get the same result.

I am saving in the following way:

library(lattice)
rgb.palette <- colorRampPalette(c("black", "yellow", "red"), space = "rgb")

svg("SVG.svg")
levelplot(prt, main="SVG", xlab=NULL, ylab=NULL, col.regions=rgb.palette(800), cuts=100, at=seq(0,1.0,0.01) )
dev.off()

png("PNG.png")
levelplot(prt, main="PNG", xlab=NULL, ylab=NULL, col.regions=rgb.palette(800), cuts=100, at=seq(0,1.0,0.01) )
dev.off()

Is there a way to get rid of these lines from the plot in svg. I went through the thread "Remove "gray grid" from levelplot" [https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-March/100683.html], but that didnt help me much.
I am attaching a screenshot to show the difference.

Please advice me if I am wrong some where, or if there is a way to get rid of these borders.

Thanks.