[R] Problem in R2WinBUGS

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 31 08:54:10 CET 2014

> On 31-12-2014, at 08:27, thanoon younis <thanoon.younis80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all members
> I have a problem with the code below when i wanted to change the continuous
> random variables to mixed ordered categorical and dichotomous as follow
>
> #transform theta to ordinal variables
>       yo <- array(0, dim=c(i,5,100))
>       for(j in 1:5){
>       if(v[j] < 0.25){
>       yo[i,j,t] = 1
>       }else if(v[j] >=0.25 & v[j] < 0.5){
>       yo[i,j,t] = 2
>       }else if(v[j] >=0.5 & v[j] < 0.75){
>       yo[i,j,t] = 3
>       }else{
>       yo[i,j,t] = 4
>       }
>       }}
>
>    #transform theta1 to dichotomousvariables
>    for (j in 6:9) { if (v[j]>0) yo[i,j,t]<-1 else yo[i,j,t]<-0 }
>
> i found this error
>

> *Error in yo[i, j, t] <- 1 : subscript out of bounds*
>

> any Guidance would highly appreciated.

How can we? You have not provided sufficient information.
Where are i and t given values? What are the values?

Why don’t you just try print(i) and print(t) before the  for (j in 6:9) ?

Also have a look at the expression creating y0.
You specify 5 columns.
In the final loop you assign to column j with values starting at 6 and ending at 9; larger than 5.

Berend