[R] Question

Sun Dec 28 21:12:58 CET 2014

This is (mostly) normal. The R software comes with an initial set of packages that are kept in the Program Files directory, which is only modifiable using administrator privileges. If you are running your machine just for you (as most people do) then I highly advise accepting the option during installation to create a local R packages library in your Documents directory. Then you can manage packages without using Administrative privileges that are complicated to keep straight. Your local packages will by default override the ones that originally came with the software so you can upgrade packages frequently without messing with admin privileges. (I recommend avoiding starting any program with administrator privileges unless you have been trained how to use that privilege. Windows can prompt you for those cases where you really need it. Failing to heed this advice will lead to you needing to use Administrator privileges for many things that should not require it, and eventually the
only thing that can fix it is reinstalling your operating system.)

Before you post again, please read the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of this email. Note that this guide mentions giving complete, reproducible examples (not snippets of output without any idea what you did to cause them to appear), and it also mentions that this mailing list is text only... HTML email usually mangles the raw text that R produces and that we need to see. Posting in plain text is an option in practically every email program... if yours really does not support it then you need to use another program.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing