[R] Question

Iskender Karagul huseyiniskenderkaragul at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 17:12:37 CET 2014

Dear All,

I am a very fresh user of R platform. I completed the download of R for
Windows, from the http://cran.r-project.org/ Web address.

After opening the program I wanted to Go to Packages Tab and firstly Set
CRAN mirror and then Install Package(s). However, I saw a statement in the
console like below:

Warning in install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1L], dependencies = NA, type
=type) :  'lib = "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.1.2/library"' is not writable.

Am I skipping a stage in this very early stage of R or am I just doing
something wrong?

Would you please help me to successfully complete download process so that I
can start improing my R skills?

What shall I do after just downloading R before I can make it work?

I would like to thank all the R contributors and R society for all of their
efforts.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Iskender KARAGÜL

---