[R] Getting HR from Cox model in R

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 18:21:54 CET 2014

Inline comments

On 23/12/2014 09:42, Ruzan Udumyan wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am not familiar with R language well. Could you please help me interpret
> these commands?:
>

>   TE = exp(sum(coef(cox)[c('aTRUE', 'bTRUE')]))   - does it mean exp(coef(a
> variable) + coef(b variable)) ?

You have not given us much to go on here.
I assume if you go
coef(cox)
you will find elements labelled aTRUE and bTRUE which implies the
existence of a logical covariate with values TRUE and FALSE. The author
of the code is trying to do what you suggest.

>   DE = exp(unname(coef(cox)['aTRUE']))  - what is unname for ?

?unname

> Thank you very much beforehand for your help.
>
> Wishing you happy holidays,
> Ruzan
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

If you post again please do read the message above.

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk