[R] where are the NEWS for R <3.0.0?

Ben Marwick bmarwick at uw.edu
Sun Dec 21 12:21:49 CET 2014

Thanks, yes I found them in my local installation, just as you said. In
case anyone else wants to get them programatically, here's what I did
(on windows 7, R version 3.1.1):

# navigate to local R installation dir
setwd(system.file())
setwd('../../doc')

# get all news files
news_files <- list.files( pattern = "NEWS", full.names = TRUE, recursive
= TRUE)

Thanks again,

Ben