[R] Question about CHAID

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Thu Dec 18 07:54:15 CET 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014, Francisco M. da Rocha wrote:

> Hallo there,
>
> I would like to work with CHAID, but the newest version of R does have
> it. So I thought I could use an older version of R which accepts or has
> the library CHAID. Could you tell me which version it is and where to
> download it?

A development version of the "CHAID" package is available from R-Forge:
http://R-Forge.R-project.org/R/?group_id=343

Additionally, there is a wide range of other recursive partitioning
packages for R that are more recent and more actively developed, e.g.,
rpart() from the package of the same name or ctree() from partykit (or the
older party package). See also:
http://CRAN.R-project.org/view=MachineLearning