[R] AR(1) with an error term arima.sim parameter question

Michael Selevan mselevan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 08:09:19 CET 2014

This makes sense, thank you for the thorough response!

One follow up question though. Would your #2 option be the same as, say,
not using the rand.gen at all and providing the following parameters
instead?

y3 <- arima.sim(n=10, list(ar=0.8), innov=rnorm(10, sd=0.2))

or even

y4 <- arima.sim(n=10, list(ar=0.8), innov=rnorm(10, sd=0.2),
innov.start=rnorm(10, sd=0.2))

Would either of these then be the same result as your option #2?

Thanks again!

--
J. Michael Selevan