[R] DIF

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Tue Dec 9 22:36:39 CET 2014

On Tue, 9 Dec 2014, Richard M. Heiberger wrote:

> I recommend the likert() function in the HH package.
>
> install.packages("HH")
> library(HH)
> ?likert

I think this only visualizes the polytomous items but provides no formal
inference for IRT modeling and DIF testing.

For fitting polytomous IRT models (PCM, RSM, etc.) there are various R
packages available, probably most prominently the "eRm" package. This also
includes several tests for DIF. But many other approaches are also
available (including the "lordif" package). A good first overview is given
in the Psychometrics task view on CRAN, see:
http://CRAN.R-project.org/view=Psychometrics

hth,