[R] Printing/Generating/Outputting a Table (Not Latex)

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Dec 9 05:13:58 CET 2014

yes of course, and the answer is latex() in the Hmisc package.
Why were you excluding it?
Details follow

Rich

The current release of the Hmisc package has this capability on
Macintosh and Linux.
For Windows, you need the next release 3.14-7 which is available now at github.

## windows needs these lines until the new Hmisc version is on CRAN
install.packages("devtools")
devtools::install_github("Hmisc", "harrelfe")

## All operating systems
options(latexcmd='pdflatex')
options(dviExtension='pdf')

## Macintosh
options(xdvicmd='open')

## Windows, one of the following
options(xdvicmd='c:\\progra~1\\Adobe\\Reader~1.0\\Reader\\AcroRd32.exe')
## 32-bit windows
options(xdvicmd='c:\\progra~2\\Adobe\\Reader~1.0\\Reader\\AcroRd32.exe')
## 64 bit windows

## Linux
## I don't know the xdvicmd value

## this works on all R systems
library(Hmisc)
tmp <- matrix(1:9,3,3)
tmp.dvi <- dvi(latex(tmp))
print.default(tmp.dvi) ## prints filepath of the pdf file
tmp.dvi  ## displays the pdf file on your screen