[R] distance matrix from metaMDS

Cara Fiore clfiore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 02:01:36 CEST 2014

Dear R users,

I would like to access the distance matrix generated by metaMDS as well as
use the dist function to calculate the euclidean distance for each axis in
the NMDS. I am having trouble finding a way to access these variables and
any help is greatly appreciated.

For the distance matrix I know I could just calculate the bray-curtis
distance but it would be nice to know how to get it from the NMDS function.
For the euclidean distance, the only thing I can find within metaMDS is the
score function but there must be some way for me to call on/access the
ordination distance for one axis right?

The reason for this is I would like to do something like the stressplot
function but for each axis.

Thank you,
Cara