[R] What the difference between .Golbalenv and package:base?

PO SU rhelpmaillist at 163.com
Mon Aug 25 08:07:06 CEST 2014

Dear rusers,

    As we know, there are a lot of environments in the search() path, such as   .Golbalenv and package:base .
And  i can just use  .Golbalenv$a ,.Golbalenv$b to use the virable,  but i must use as.envrionment("package:base") to find virable, i feel it not very convenient.

For example, when i use the following codes to add a new env into the search() path.

> tmp<-attach(NULL,name="new_name")
> assign("a",2,envir=as.environment("new_name"))
[1] 2
> as.environment("new_name")$a
[1] 2
 I must always convert the name to the environment, How can i just use the following form:

> tmp<-attach(NULL,name="new_name")
> assign("a",2,envir=new_name)   #like using  .GlobalEnv
[1] 2
> new_name$a

[1] 2

--