[R] Help on installing "R" packages in a Citrix

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 19:09:18 CEST 2014

On Aug 22, 2014, at 9:13 AM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2014, at 7:37 AM, Chirag Patel wrote:
>
>> Hi David
>>
>> I have installed R Version 2.15.1 on the image but having problems install rcom and rscproxy.
>
> Those are commercial packages and not maintained or supported by R-Core

I need to clarify that statement:

http://homepage.univie.ac.at/erich.neuwirth/php/rcomwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:how_to_install

rcom is placed on CRAN but authored by the people who distribute RExcel, so technically it's not a commercial product itself but it is made available to support a commercial product. You will notice in its requirements statconnDCOM:

And it's wiki says rcom does not comply with CRAN open source requirements anymore:

http://homepage.univie.ac.at/erich.neuwirth/php/rcomwiki/doku.php?id=start

--
David.