[R] find the data frames in list of objects and make a list of them

Matthew mccormack at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 13 20:56:31 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

    I would like the find which objects are data frames in all the
objects I have created ( in other words in what you get when you type:
ls()  ), then I would like to make a list of these data frames.

Explained in other words; after typing ls(), you get the names of
objects. Which objects are data frames ?  How to then make a list of
these data frames.

    A second question: is this the best way to make a list of data
frames without having to manually type c(dataframe1, dataframe2, ...)  ?

Matthew