[R] break loop with keypress

William Simpson william.a.simpson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 11:01:40 CEST 2014

Thanks Greg.
I guess another option is to call a C function directly. On Windows I
see there is a function _kbhit() in conio.h. Not sure if it would be
that simple.
Write a .c file

#include <conio.h>

int main(void)
{
  int ch;
  ch= _kbhit();
  return ch;
}

Then do the necessary stuff to call that from R.
http://mazamascience.com/WorkingWithData/?p=1067

Bill