[R] Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:34:27 CEST 2014

On 28/04/2014 11:31 AM, Paul Bernal wrote:
> Dear Duncan,
>
> This is what is happening when I try downloading the Rcpp package in R
> version 3.1.0
>
> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck =
> vI[[i]]) :
>   there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’

Others have told you how to solve this problem, so I will assume that's
done, and just offer some advice for future problems:  Don't be vague
about what you did to trigger the error message, cut and paste the exact
code or describe the exact circumstances that led to it.  I can say with
some certainty that you wouldn't get the message above from "downloading
the Rcpp package", but if you had posted the code that you used, I could
probably have told you what you were doing wrong.

Duncan Murdoch