[R] writing a package with doParallel and compiled C

Sat Apr 26 21:12:54 CEST 2014

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that you not do this at all. Packages are good places for algorithms, and parallel processing is an infrastructure optimization that a) is not always an efficiency win, and b) can be quite sensitive to the actual infrastructure that is available (best solutions for Windows and *nix platforms often being noticeably different).
If you have considered this already and still intend to proceed, I have to defer to someone else for an answer to your actual question.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing