[R] ideal: object 'normalize' not found.

soracem soracem at tcd.ie
Fri Apr 25 15:59:05 CEST 2014

Dear all,
When I try to run IDEAL it gives me an error saying: Error in
ideal(mydatarc.working, codes = mydatarc.working$codes, dropList = list(lop
= 0),  : object 'normalize' not found.
Below is what I did

require(pscl)
mydata<-read.csv(file.choose())
summary(mydata)
legNames<-mydata[,1]
pty1<-mydata[,2]
leg<-mydata[,3]
state<-mydata[,4]
const<-mydata[,5]

mydata <- mydata[, -c(1:5)]
summary(mydata)
mydatarc<-rollcall(mydata, yea=1, nay=0, missing=NA, notInLegis = 99,
legis.names=legNames, vote.names=NULL,
             legis.data=NULL , vote.data=NULL)
summary(mydatarc)
summary(mydatarc,verbose=TRUE)
summary(mydatarc,verbose=TRUE)$lopsided

mydatarc.working <- dropRollCall(mydatarc,
                                 dropList=list(lop=0))
summary(mydatarc.working)

idealobject<- ideal (mydatarc.working,
                     codes = mydatarc.working$codes,