[R] R dataset copyrights

Soeren Groettrup soeren.groettrup at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:29:37 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

I've been searching the web for quite a time now and haven't found a
satisfying answer. I was wondering if the datasets provided within the R
packages are open, and thus can be used in publications? Concretely, can
the data, for example, be exported from R and uploaded in a different
format (like csv) to a website to be accessible for students to work
with the data in SPSS or Matlab? Is it enough to cite the source or
paper or do I need a permission for every dataset?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Sören Gröttrup