[R] R, RStudio, and a server for my iPad.

Sat Apr 12 20:07:59 CEST 2014

That you cannot reach your home LAN from the Internet without learning something about networking is a good thing, since that offers some hope that the Russian Mafia can't use your computer to launch criminal activities against the rest of us, either.

Studying how to set up a VPN on your network router was a good recommendation that you have not acknowledged. However, that subject is networking, not R, and is definitely off topic here.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing