[R] Micro-point with pch=16?

Андрей Парамонов paramon at acdlabs.ru
Mon Apr 7 08:33:50 CEST 2014

Hello!

I'm trying to plot a 3D dataset as a scatter-plot, coding Z-axis values
with point size. I pass the following parameters to "plot" function:

type = 'p',
pch = 16,
cex = intensity/max(intensity)

In my dataset, max(intensity)/min(intensity) is ~4000. However, visual
points vary in radius by no more then 100 probably. Albeit default
device isn't good at displaying micro-points, other devices (pdf, svg)
can display such points just fine.

Is there a way to produce micro-points with cex=0.001 and less?

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov

believed to be clean.