[R] Multic for windows 7 and Ubuntu

Srinivasan, Sathish K SSrinivasan at med.miami.edu
Mon Apr 7 02:44:53 CEST 2014

Thanks  for your replies.

> After doing a search on rhelp and r-sig-debian yours seems to be the first. Shouldn't you be providing much more detail regarding your current setup and versions of R and compilers, methods you are using, and the errors you are getting? Review the Posting Guide for a checklist. (And : You are mentioning both Windows7 and Linux distro which adds to the ambiguity and lack of clarity.). The README says the package needs compilation and provided details about how to go about that and who to contact with specific requests for information about your setup:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/multic/README

Installation Error is related to "Segmentation Fault". I did not save the error message, I wish I could post it here.
gcc compiler version is 4.6.3

> Also, there is no active support for windows binary version.
>Yes? The message linked to is a generic CRAN message. What is the point of mentioning this?

I mentioned it, because the multic package is a unix/linux library. There is no support for Windows PC. I thought any one might provide support for multic package on windows PC.

> Could any one please help me install multic package on ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit system running with R 2.14.2 version.
>I'm not a Linux user so probably am speaking out of place and only doing so because it is the weekend and I've noticed that the traffic is slow on the mailing list on weekends. I believe Ubuntu is a fork of Debian so you may want to pay particular attention to mentions of Debian specific instructions in the links below. Many of the questions I have seen on R help from ubuntu users who have difficulties with installing packages get resolved by re-installing R using the development version of R. I have seen the use of r-base-dev as a target.
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Essential-and-useful-other-programs-under-a-Unix_002dalike
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-Unix_002daikes
There is also a Debian R mailing list and the archives are at markmail (although I suspect those are not he official ones.)
http://markmail.org/search/+list:org%2Er-project%2Er-sig-debian

 I fixed the installation issue on ubuntu 12.04, by rebooting my system and installed multic on  a fresh R (2.14.1) session. It works well!

Thanks
 Sathish
I have just test the package on Ubuntu 12.04, everything is OK.

So please provide the error message on your computer.

Best,

KK

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-Unix_002dalikes

There is also a Debian R mailing list and the archives are at markmail (although I suspect those are not he official ones.)

http://markmail.org/search/+list:org%2Er-project%2Er-sig-debian

> Thanks
> Sathish

Please ... read.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Qiang Kou
qkou at umail.iu.edu<mailto:qkou at umail.iu.edu>
School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University