[R] Box plot without original data

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Apr 4 10:56:12 CEST 2014

On 04/04/2014 05:36 PM, Mª Teresa Martinez Soriano wrote:
> Hi to everyone!
>
> I need to plot a box plot but I don't have the original data, is it possible to make it just with the median, mean, sd and range of values?
>
> Any idea is welcome.

Hi Teresa,
You can get the return value from the boxplot function and then
substitute the values you want into the $stats component. Then pass that
to the bxp function. See the help pages for boxplot and bxp.

Another option is to use the box.heresy function in the plotrix package,
as that function does not assume that the box will be defined by the
median and (approximate) quartiles.

Jim