[R] CORDIF test

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:17:08 CEST 2014

Hi Elizabeth,

In addition to the helpful suggestions you have already received, I
would add that for simple functions like this it can be very
instructive to just look at the function definition. Loading the
multilevel package and typing 'cordif' will show you

function (rvalue1, rvalue2, n1, n2)
{
    zvalue1 <- 0.5 * ((log(1 + rvalue1)) - (log(1 - rvalue1)))
    zvalue2 <- 0.5 * ((log(1 + rvalue2)) - (log(1 - rvalue2)))
    zest <- (zvalue1 - zvalue2)/sqrt(1/(n1 - 3) + 1/(n2 - 3))
    out <- list(`z value` = zest)
    return(out)
}

best.