[R] Help: concurrent R sessions for different settings of simulations

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Sun Sep 29 20:51:22 CEST 2013

I strongly suggest to use the BatchJobs package
[http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/BatchJobs] for this.  It is
easy to install and cross platform and does not rely on external
software such as perl.  It allows you develop your script running
sequentially/interactively on your local machine/laptop, the via *a
single configuration file* (./.BatchJobs.R) you can use the exact same
script to distribute the jobs to separate R sessions either on
multiple cores on the same machine or on a cluster (most common
cluster types are supported).  The learning curve is not that step -
as with most parallel computations you have to move away from using
for loops to using lapply() and then you're almost done.

/Henrik