[R] Boxplot from statistics of original data

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Sep 27 03:06:52 CEST 2013

On 09/27/2013 12:10 AM, Rodrigo César da Silva wrote:

> Hi, I have a data set that contains a set of universities and a number of statistics about the performance of students on an exam.  A sample of the table follows:
>
> Institutions_Name
>
> Mean
>
> Median
>
> Minimum
>
> Maximum
>
> 1Quartile
>
> 3Quartile
>
> CENTRO UNIVERSITÁRIO LUTERANO DE MANAUS
>
> 58,5
>
> 57,5
>
> 0
>
> 98
>
> 27,6%
>
> 13,8%

Hi Rodrigo,
I was about to answer this post last night when I noticed that you seem
to have different measures for the last two values in each set. Unless I
am sadly mistaken, the first and third quartile should bracket the
median. I would check what these two figures mean before trying to build
a boxplot.

Jim