[R] Rmpfr question; was: no answer to the following question

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 24 14:17:09 CEST 2013

On 24.09.2013 10:07, Michel wrote:
> I sent this message :
> 			Hello everyone,
> 			R beginner, I am confronted with the need to use
> Rmpf.

It helps to provide a sensible subject line and not to misspell package
names:Rmpfr.

> 			In my first scripts I made use of
> 				X=read.table(file.choose(), header=FALSE,
> sep=",",dec=".")
> 				X=as.matrix(X)
> 			to load into a matrix data  from file before matrix
> use.
> 			How can I do to load the same data in a
> "mpfrMatrix".
> 			Is it possible to use with "mpfrMatrix" the same as
> operations

M1 <- mpfr(M1, precBits = ....)

> 				M1%*%M2

Should work out of the box for mpfr objects.

> 				scale(M1,TRUE,FALSE)

There is not scale function implemented in Rmpfr. HEnce you need to
write it yourself based on the provided infrastructure from the Rmpfr
package.

Best,
Uwe Ligges