[R] raster package: OpenStreetMap broken on Ubuntu, works on Mac

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 21 08:32:50 CEST 2013

What did the OpenStreetMap maintainer say (see the posting guide)?
Hint: he and the raster maintainer are aware of their problem, and a
correction is way overdue.

The issue is not Ubuntu vs Mac but the order in which packages are
installed (and for binary packages that is when they were installed to
be packaged).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk