[R] Instructions for upgrading R on ubuntu

John Sorkin JSorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Sun Sep 15 19:22:22 CEST 2013

Jeff, Andrew,
When you come up with a solution to the upgrade problem, please send it to me. I have a similiar problem under Mint, which is an Unbuntu fork.
Thank you,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119
>>> Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> 9/15/2013 1:11 PM >>>
"Apparently"? How is this apparent? I don't see this mentioned at CRAN [1]. Why would you reference some perhaps well-intentioned but possibly untrustworthy person's website when you could be downloading from a vetted distribution source?

[1] http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing