[R] Subtracting elements of a vector from each other stepwise

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:33:53 CEST 2013

On 13-09-11 07:06 PM, Ben Harrison wrote:
> If I were Michael (OP) right now, I think my head would be spinning.
>
> As a newbie myself, I know how hard it is to read R code for the first
> time, so could it also be part of the newsgroup etiquette to at least
> partially explain provided code to newbies?
>
> I agree that the interactive help '?' is available and should be
> consulted, but it would also be helpful if those of you with great
> experience could add a little guidance for your code.
>
> Excuse me if this is out-of-place.
>
> Ben

  Perfectly reasonable request, and should be done where possible, but
also note that sometimes I feel like I have time to toss in a quick
answer but not to give much in the way of explanation, and I think
something is better than nothing ... (and hope that perhaps someone else
will come along to give an explanation)

  Ben Bolker