[R] int vector

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:33:38 CEST 2013

On 11/09/2013 11:21 AM, Giles Crane wrote:
> class int seems to interact oddly with fix() and dotchart().
>
> Reading a .csv file when there are no decimal points
> in an item, results in a data.frame having a column
> of class int.  The mode, however, is numeric.
>
> fix() does not recognize int "vectors",
> and thus does not spread its sheet.
>
> dotchart() displays a 1 above the labels on the plot.
>
> Converting the int column to numeric using as.numeric()
> cures the problems.  However, the behavior of the int class
> seems inconsistent.
>
> R Version 3.01 (2013-05-16)
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Cordially,
> Giles

Could you please put together an example of this in R-patched?  I don't
see it at all.  (I don't know if it has already been fixed, or if I am
just misunderstanding your description.)

What I see is that fix() on a numeric or integer vector gives a text
editor.  fix() on a dataframe containing either gives me the spreadsheet.

Duncan Murdoch