[R] xyplot and lwd

Daniel Hornung daniel.hornung at ds.mpg.de
Thu Sep 5 08:54:59 CEST 2013

On Thursday, September 05, 2013 00:33:32 Bert Gunter wrote:
> You should get no lines at all, as you have not specified that lines be
> drawn. Use the "type" argument to do so.
>
> xyplot(rnorm(5) ~1:5,pch=4)  ## points only
> xyplot(rnorm(5) ~1:5,pch=4,type="b",lwd=4) ## points with thick lines
>
> read ?panel.xyplot carefully (the default panel function for xyplot) for
> details
>
> Cheers,
> Bert

Hello Bert,

no, maybe I expressed myself ambiguously: I was referring to the line
thickness of the symbols, not a line between symbols:

xyplot(rnorm(5) ~ 1:5, pch=4, lwd=4)
versus
plot(rnorm(5), 1:5, pch=4, lwd=4)

I would like the points (4("x") in this case) to have thicker lines.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Max-Planck-Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization
Laboratory for Fluid Dynamics, Pattern Formation and Biocomplexity

Am Fassberg 17
D-37077 Goettingen

(+49) 551 5176 373