[R] Linear Regression line equation

jfrei006 jfrei006 at fiu.edu
Wed Sep 4 19:35:38 CEST 2013

First of I am new to using R.

I have a dataset that I plotted using R, I created a scatter plot and used
abline to create the line, what I need is to find the equation of the line.
Below is the script I have used up until this point.

>young400_1<-read.csv("Z:\\SOFTEL\\North Key Largo
project\\Canopy_Height\\random_age_strat\\young400_1.csv")

>attach(young400_1)
>names(young400_1)

>plot(Ground_Elevation,Canopy_Height,pch=16)

>abline(lm(Canopy_Height~Ground_Elevation), col='red', main='Check the axis
labels')

This is where I'm stuck I don't know how to go about getting the equation to
the line.

My dataset is called young400_1 and it consist of 400 rows with 5 columns, I
am only using 2 of the columns for the scatter plot; Ground_Elevation on the
x axis and Canopy_Height on the y axis.

Thanks in advance.