[R] Having problems with doing anything with my data sets

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 3 21:15:09 CEST 2013

Hi:

I know that it is frustrating when something like what you describe occurs, but realize that it  is also frustrating for anyone on the list to try and help you, because there is no information to go on.  What would help is information like:

1.  Your OS and version

2.  How you did the install.

3.  How you imported the data and how you know the data was successfully imported  (for example did you try a dataset that comes with R).

4.  The actual commands given and the error messages

The usual "read the post guide" applies, but knowing how you did the install would likely help in this case,

-Roy M.

On Sep 3, 2013, at 11:49 AM, maxzakh <maxzakh at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> I just installed R on my computer but I have greatly reduced functionality.
> For instance, when I import a data set, I cannot do anything to it: number
> summaries, any means tests, variance, etc. Literally all of the options that
> should be there are not.
> Can anyone help? I am so lost!
>

> --

**********************