[R] sh /bin/sh bad interpreter error when loading certain packages

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 29 17:21:33 CET 2013

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Erin Hodgess wrote:

> I'm on a Centos 5 Red Hat system and I'm trying to install such packages as
> Cairo, Rserve, etc.
> However, I keep getting an error:  sh:/bin/sh bad interpreter.

Erin,

   A Web search shows several possible causes, including incorrect options in
/etc/fstab for the partition you're using and working with a DOS-formatted
file that uses CR/LF instead of \n (dos2unix cures that).

   I've not worked with any Red Hat flavor for the past decade but look at
results for that search string and you may find a solution appropriate for
you.

HTH,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |