[R] What computer power for GAMM models

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Oct 25 16:25:54 CEST 2013

Sylvie:

I do not know whether your system lacks sufficient power, but its user
-- you --  may.

The models you are trying to fit are complex and nonlinear, and
possibly depending on your data -- do you have a lot of missingness?
How large are your data sets? Can they support your models -- you may
well be overfitting. Getting a faster system will not affect this --
you'll just get your error messages faster.

... and I would have thought the missing values error is self-explanatory.

Sounds to me like you should spend some time with a local statistical expert.

Cheers,
Bert