[R] Subseting a data.frame

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgcgroup.com
Fri Oct 18 14:52:46 CEST 2013

No quibble with the advice, but it prompted me to look again at the R Intro. Interestingly, the Intro doesn't mention subset() at all; the subsetting operations referred to there are all based on indexing (mostly because that section is intended to be about indexing, of course).

Subsetting using subset() is perhaps the most natural way of subsetting data frames; perhaps a line or two and an example could usefully be included in the 'Working with data frames' section of the R Intro?

S Ellison