[R] Goodness of fit for a Rietveld Refinement

rflood13 rflood02 at qub.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 19:02:48 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me on this one. I have just done
some geochemistry with X-ray Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement in order to
quantify the data. I have a observed spectra from my sample and a calculated
spectra from the Rietveld Refinement (in the attached image, along with the
background). I was wondering is there a package in R that I might be able to
use that would essentially show me how well (or how poorly) fitted the
Rietveld calculated spectra was with regard to my observed spectra? It's
essentially a goodness of fit or R-squared value but I've been having some
difficulty finding the right way to assess the model fit. I'd appreciate any
information or tips anyone might have.

Kind regards,

Rory Flood.

--