[R] Why 'gbm' is not giving me error when I change the response from numeric to categorical?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Oct 4 21:26:31 CEST 2013

"My question is, Is binarizing the response will have so much effect that it
does not find anythin useful in the predictors?"

Yes. Dichotomizing throws away most of the information in the data.
Which is why you shouldn't do it.

This is a statistics, not an R question, so any follow-up should be
posted on a statistical list like stats.stackexchange.com, not here.

-- Bert