[R] Fetching data from MySQL via odbcConnect - Error in as.POSIXlt.character(x, tz, ...) :

Dirk Zimmermann d-zimmermann at gmx.net
Mon Nov 25 16:19:09 CET 2013

Hi!

I am trying to retrieve data from a MySQL Database using RODBC with the
commands odbcConnect and sqlFetch. There are different data files in the
database and in some cases it works without any difficulties. Nevertheless I
get an error with some data files. Since I'm not familiar with MySQL I hope
to get some ideas here.

My code looks as follows:

myconn <-odbcConnect("database", uid="user", pwd="password")
data1<- sqlFetch(myconn, 'data1')
data2 <- sqlFetch(myconn, 'data2')
close(myconn)

It works fine for data1 but for data2 I get the following error:

Error in as.POSIXlt.character(x, tz, ...) :
  character string is not in a standard unambiguous format

As I've checked the data files, they use the same types of variables and I
have no clue where the not standard unambiguous format stems from.

Hope to get some help!

Dirk