[R] Should there be an R-beginners list?

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Nov 25 14:56:57 CET 2013

Hi

I doubt if people start to search answers if they often do not search them in help pages and documentation provided.

I must agree with Duncan that if Stackoverflow was far more better than this help list most people would seek advice there then here. Is there any evidence in decreasing traffic here?

Anyway, similar discussion went in 2003 with outcome that was not in favour for separate beginner list http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/03b/7944.html

Petr

BTW it is pitty that r help archive does not extend over year 2012. I found that *Last message date: Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 12:19:21 GMT