[R] R and Interactive Visualizations

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 16:06:17 CET 2013

Dear All,
I use several R libraries (ggplot2, igraph etc...) for producing static
visualizations.
However, I'd like to be able to go beyond this.
Things I may like to be able to achieve (relying on R as much as possible):

1) network visualizations such that when you click on a node, you see its
properties and the network layout centers on that node
2) geographical plots (e.g. European countries colored according to their
GDP and the possibility to see some other metadata when I click on one of
them)
3) being able to select/deselect some dataset in a conventional plot (e.g.
multiple stacked histograms)

and so on and so forth...

I did some online research and came across potentially many resources like

http://bit.ly/18dkX1P
http://bit.ly/18dkXPF
http://bit.ly/1jsksk4
http://bit.ly/1jskyrO

but I honestly have no idea about where to start from.
Making the interactive visualizations available on a website is a logical
second step, but first things first.
I am sure that plenty of people on this list have a strong expertise about
the interactive visualizations, so any suggestion is welcome.
Cheers

Lorenzo